Tuesday, November 24, 2009

North Dakota ROAD TRIP highlights...


We stopped at a hotel on the way up to North Dakota... loading 2 children and luggage into a hotel by yourself is pretty challenging but as you can see I found a great solution! The kids had a great time riding the cart and everything made it out together : )



Aiden says, "Marinn I want to hold your hand!"
Marinn says, "You can hold my arm."
These are the expressions that followed the conversation.



Caleb says, "Uhh uhh blahh!"
Toto replies, "Uhh uhh blahh!"
This is how the week went with them... Toto would just copy what he was saying and they would smile and laugh at each other like they knew what they were talking about. She called him "bay-bee!"



We had grabbed some lunch and hit the road again and Marinn says, "Mommy look!"  I look back to see an awesome airplane made out of 2 fries and the box. She was flying it all around the back seat. She's so smart and creative I love it! (Sorry about the bad pic but I was blindly shooting into the back seat while I was driving hoping that I would get a good shot of her plane.)



This is usually what Taurin looks like when she is sleeping in the car. Glad I was able to capture it : )



We are driving through a curvy part of the road and I said to the girls, "Hold on!" Then about 10 min later Marinn says, "Mom do we still need to hold on?"  I check the rear view mirror to see Marinn and Toto holding on to each other. I was laughing out loud it was soo cute! They are such great girls.



Shaw isn't the biggest fan of the pacifier and sometimes if he doesn't want it he'll spit it out and it will fly half way across the van. So I tied a string to my seat and then to his pacifier.  Whenever he would spit it out I would just fish it out of the back seat and give it back to him. He did amazing on the drive waiting patiently for stops and keeping himself content.  Gold star for Shaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment