Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa!


This is the first year my kids have noticed that there is some guy named Santa.  Marinn loves him... she sees anyone in a red hat and a red shirt and she's like, "Santa! Santa!"  The funny part of it all is I haven't told her about Santa or that he supposedly brings kids presents.  A week ago we went to a craft festival called the Dickens Festival. All of the vendors dress up in an old English style and it's very Christmasy feeling.  Well Santa was there (a very good one I might add)  and Marinn said she wanted to go say hi to him.  So she went over and gave him a big hug and had this whole little conversation with him.  He gave her a candy cane and we went on our way.  She was so excited and in the car was talking about how she got to talk to him etc.  So I asked her why she liked him so much. Then the truth was revealed... she said, "Because he gives me candy."
When we were decorating the tree my mom had this little Santa (seen in the picture with Toto) that sings and song and moves his legs and stuff.  This toy was constantly being snatched up by Marinn or Taurin.  They loved it!

On Sunday night we went to a Christmas program at church.  All the kids filed up onto the stage and Marinn and Toto are waving and yelling, "Hi!!!  Hi!!!"  Marinn is shouting, "Hi Bella! Bella hi!  Those are all my new friends mom!"  They sang some cute little songs that were hilarious and Marinn looks at me and says, "They are doing a good job huh mom?"
My mom had pinned this little crocheted Santa on Marinn's shirt.  Marin told me, "I want to show it to everyone mom." So I watched as she went around to different people and gave them a hug and showed off her Santa pin.

Santa might not be the one who puts presents under our tree but he's a nice guy that gives us candy and wears some schnazy red outfits.

***Marinn just saw this post and said, "Awww Santa Clause and Toto!"

No comments:

Post a Comment