Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to the Crossfit Gym!



Five days a week I go to the gym.  On Saturday mornings they have a family/friends workout where you can bring people with you to try out the program (Crossfit).  They are even wonderful enough to allow the kids to come. This morning I took Brian, Jamie, Aspyn, Tearony, & Marinn.  Brian, Jamie and I did the actually "work out of the day".  The kids hung out and played with the fun boxes, jump ropes, etc. they found around the gym.
Marinn had a great time and would occasionally come over and join me in the workout by doing some Burpees or sit ups.  She even got on the rowing machine and started rowing away like a pro.. she had this serious look on her face that was so determined.  She had a great time and burned off some energy too!
Later this afternoon I found Marinn in her bedroom with Taurin showing her how to do a box jump.  She had pulled out a large tupperware bin and was showing Taurin how to jump on.  The funniest part about this is that we do box jumps as part of our training but we didn't do them today.  Marinn had seen some of the other kids (who had seen a box jump before) jumping up on the boxes and I guess she decided Toto needed to get her work out on!

Then, tonight as I was putting the girls to bed and we were saying their prayers Marinn asked for a turn to pray.  It went something like this, "Thank you for the good day.... and push ups... and jumping... and it was hard!... and we did it again... and again... and again... and again... again, again, again... and keep Daddy safe when he is working and working and working and working, working, working, working.....  .....Amen."

I wish I would have gotta a pic of her doing her tupperware box jumps but a Photo Booth pic of my hand will have to do.  That's my dry callused hand in the photo.  Crossfit definitely makes you strong but doesn't give you pretty hands.  It's a reasonable trade for me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment