Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shaw Boy turns 2!!!

We are still working on the fingers for forming the "2" sign.





 It's good to have sisters : )


 His new Hot Wheels trike! 
He loves pushing all the buttons that make the songs and lights go off. 



 He got a bunch of balls and was super excited! 



One of his presents from Mar Mar was this swimming suit / floaty, we tried it on him and he just hung out in it for awhile... it totally made him look like he had really been working his upper body : )

Shaw is such a boy and even at two he is such a brut, so strong but sweet at the same time.  Aww my baby boy has grown up so much! 



*I wanted to share the recipe for his cake because it turned out amazing and super easy! 

1 Box Devil's Food cake mix
1 large box chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup approx. of sour cream
I mixed up the cake mix like directed and then added the pudding and sour cream and baked it for the time suggested on the box. In two 9" round pans. 

When assembling the cake I just put a nice layer of Cool Whip in between the 2 layers of cake. Then frosted it with a homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting that I got off of allrecipes.com

Frosting Recipe:
1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 Cup whipping cream (I used canned milk because I didn't have cream)
1/4 Cup Powdered sugar
1 package of cream cheese, softened
Melt the chocolate chips and cream on double boiler until fully melted and then mix with cream cheese and powdered sugar.  I sifted the powdered sugar (suggested from the recipe site where I got this).   It turned out creamy and delicious and after frosting the cake I just put it in the freezer for about an hour or two to help the frosting thicken up a bit.  
Now cake is not in our meal plans, but I couldn't help but have a few bites of my creation.  It was heavenly... not too chocolatey or sweet.  Perfection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment