Friday, January 6, 2012

Healthy Eating.... Kid Style

Over the past few weeks we have been transitioning our eating habits to a much healthier way of living, more veggies and fruit and less sugar and dairy.  Anyhow, even though it is extremely challenging we are enforcing healthy eating not just for us but our entire family including a 5 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old.  Have they complained at most of the dinners I have made in the last few weeks? YES! But they have eaten it and sometimes even enjoyed what I served.
Tonight I made hamburger patties with a tomato and cucumber salad and some sweet potato fries.  I thought the kids were going to be ecstatic at the idea of fries as part of our meal, but to my surprise they weren't interested in the fries and were asking for seconds of the tomato and cucumber salad.  I think I might be winning over their healthy taste buds!  Could it be?!

After dinner they were rewarded with a delicious healthy dessert:

1/3 sliced banana
1/8 C. blueberries
handfull of sliced almonds, large flake coconut, raisins
1/4 C. of Almond Milk

They really enjoyed their dessert, but asking Marinn what she thought she said it was good but it would have tasted even better with a large scoop of chocolate ice cream in the middle.  Ahhh glad to see they are still kids at heart.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment