Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hero's and Hummingbirds

As I picked up the kids from school, Taurin excitedly told me that she got to draw a picture of her hero in school.  I thought that was great and asked who she drew.  She said, "Mom! You can read?!"  as she help up her paper with the drawing.  As I looked in the rear view mirror to see her drawing I saw the cute m-o-m drawn under her picture.  "Oh! And this is your Octopus car!!" She exclaimed.  (There was a interesting looking vehicle next to my portrait.)  I asked why I drove and Octopus car and Marinn jumped in and explained I was a super hero and that's why I was driving the Octopus car.  My heart was filled with joy and I expressed to Taurin how much I appreciated it.   
Later that evening we were looking over her school work and came across the picture again.  I asked her why she drew me, she thoughtfully said.  "Well, I started out drawing Daddy but I made his hair too long so I changed it into you."  I couldn't help but laugh at her honesty.  As I started looking closer at the picture you could see where she had drawn short hair (for Andrew) and then I think she probably started out drawing his cop car, but when she made the mistake with the hair she turned it into my Octomobile because I obviously don't drive a cop car.  She is such a funny kid... I love her randomness! 

Earlier this week we were at the park and Taurin and the boys were hiding in and out of the bushes making "camp sites" and having a great time.  On the drive home this is the conversation I had with Taurin.... 

Taurin: Mom! I found a hummingbird at the park! It had a broken wing!"
Me: Oh My!! Was it alive?!? 
Taurin: Yes!  I found a piece of tape and fixed it's wing and it flew away.  
Me: Oh...................... well, I'm soo glad you were there to help. 

Hilarious! 

****no hummingbirds were hurt, present, close, or taped in the making of this blog post****

No comments:

Post a Comment