Saturday, February 6, 2010

Daddy love.

Marinn had a toy phone she was playing with the other day.  As she whips the phone open she says, "Excuse me, I have a call from my Daddy."  As she walks away I hear her say so sweetly, "I love youuu... I miss you so much!"


We went to the park this week and Marinn and I were talking on this fun toy that was like those phones that are made with 2 cans and some string but this was with metal tubing.  The conversation went something like this:
Marinn: "Hi Mommy. I have to tell you something."
Me: "What is it Marinn?"
Marinn: In a very excited voice, "When Daddy comes home I'm going to give him a big hug and a big kiss!"
Me: "Ohhh Daddy is going to love that!"
Marinn: "Yeah he is!"


As we were driving home that same night I reminded Marinn what she had told me at the park asking, "Sooo you are going to give Daddy a big hug and kiss when he comes home huh?"  Marinn replies, "Yes! annnnnd you know what mom? He's gonna kiss YOU.  He's gonna KISS You. He IS."  The tone of her voice was so cute almost like she was warning me like I should prepare myself.  I couldn't help but giggle as she told me.  Then she says, "And you are gonna like it.  He's gonna kiss you."  I agreed with her as I smiled.

2 comments:

  1. That's too cute!! Are you guys coming out to see him when he gets back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Can't wait for him to come home just so he can kiss you guys.

    ReplyDelete