Monday, August 9, 2010

Mullet Attack

Yes... it happened again. The girls were playing in the room and things got a little too quiet.  All of you moms out there know what I'm talking about. There is the nice "oh the kids are playing quietly" quiet, then there is the "they are up to no good" quiet. I go to check it out and coming down the hallway is Taurin with a pair of scissors in her hand.

Then the interrogation begins:
"What did you girls cut?" 
Taurin, "Marinn did it."

Then I realize Taurin only has a portion of her pigtails left on either side! 
I make it into the room and find a pile of beautiful golden locks all over the floor.  I'll be honest, in that moment I wanted to be the calm pulled together mommy but  it didn't happen. I broke down and just started crying as I furiously picked up the hair off the floor.  
Then, I took the hair ties out of Taurins hair to assess the damage... on both sides there were huge sections cut about mid ear, and one long strip down the back... once again we have been assaulted by the mullet. 
So... this was my only choice. 
I cut it all by myself after a little youtube training.

She looks soo cute with this hair cut. As much as I hate that I had to do it I'm glad it turned out so well.




Sorry for no before pictures... let's just say I was a bit "emotional" and forgot to capture the horror that was the mullet.




3 comments:

  1. wow!! jess the cut looks awesome!! maybe in your 'next life' after the kids grow up you should do hair!?!?! haha!! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I was wondering why Taurin got a hair cut. And that's what I figured happened! Great job on the cut it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would start crying too, but man, that haircut is rockin' on her! Good job!

    ReplyDelete