Saturday, February 5, 2011

Black Daddy

Occasionally Andrew will get a part of a song stuck in his head and he will just sing it over and over... the other day he had, 
"Where are my black girls at? Where they at? Where they at? Where they at?"
We'd been in the car and he'd been singing it a lot.  Then out of the back seat we hear Marinn says, 
"Where's my black daddy at?" 

We all just cracked up... 
Well, you'd think the story would end here but it doesn't.  That night I was telling my mom about the silly story and Marinn overhears me.  Then from under the table we hear, 
"Where's my black daddy at?
Where's my black mommy at?"
I tell her that's enough and she says, "I've got one more."
"Where's my black Shaw at?"
I say, "Okay that's enough."
She says, "Where's my black car seat at?"

So, at this point it seems like the story is over but then we are telling the story again this morning and someone asks Marinn where her black daddy is. 
She points to Andrew. 
A little bit later someone asks Taurin where her black daddy is.
She says, "I don't have a black daddy.... I have a..... white daddy." 


No comments:

Post a Comment