Monday, February 7, 2011

What's Your Job?

We are driving in the car and we (Marinn and I) are talking about Andrew going to school.  I explain that when he is done with school he will be a cop.  And she replies with worry in her voice, 
"But mom if dad is a cop then who will be our dad???"
Me, "Marinn, he'll still be your dad. Being a cop will just be his job..."
Then I went on to explain different people with different jobs, aunts, uncles etc. So she could understand that people have jobs and are still other things.  
She starts asking about other people that I didn't mention and then asks, 
"Mom, what is your job?"
Me, "My job is to be a mommy."
Marinn, "Yeah and to do the dishes. And the laundry."
I laugh and tell her yes. 
Then she says, "And my job is to listen to you. And Taurin's job is to listen to daddy. And Shaw's job is to take care of my pony."
Well, I helped her straighten out all of that while I giggled to myself. 
I love her perspective and understanding on things : ) It makes me feel good to see that she notices that I do the dishes and laundry though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment